(University Placement Year NOT Work Experience)
Rixxo is determined to make the internet a better place. We have a belief in better and a burning desire to deliver on time and in budget.
Our team is full of talented individuals who make their voices heard and put their stamp on every project. We are looking to add to this with someone who is not just looking for a simple 9-5, but a second home that allows their passions to shine through and impact every piece of work we do.
We pride ourselves in engineering expertise, creative flair and problem-solving. You will not only be working on a range of eCommerce websites and UGC marketing projects for national and global brands, but also developing exciting and innovative internal projects designed to push the limits of our teams imagination abilities.
We have a unique approach to selling our services that involves becoming part of our clients businesses and treating them as our own. Their budgets are our budgets, their time is our time and their success is our success.
If you have an entrepreneurial spark, are inquisitive and innovative with a drive to deliver outstanding work then Rixxo is the place for you.
Internship: In Detail
Marketing at Rixxo is a multi-disciplined role that includes aspects of direct marketing, research, public relations, branding, communications and advertising (offline and online). It involves working alongside a wide range of people, both staff in other departments, external agencies and tools such as Hubspot and Google Analytics.
As a placement student, you’ll have responsibilities for monitoring and analysing market trends and finding suitable ways to help grow the Rixxo brand. During your time here, you will be expected to attain Google Analytics and Digital Garage qualifications and put them into practice. Along with Hubspot and various Social Media platforms, these tools will also help you establish new marketing strategies and improve upon those already in place.
You’ll often find yourself reporting and analysing key successes and areas for improvement (and new ideas) on work or campaigns created by yourself, the team or external sources. The role is a varied one with no set typical day, however the opportunity for you to improve your practical marketing, writing skills and knowledge is vast.
You’ll need to be able to work as part of a team and often help support them, but also be a self starter who uses your initiative to work independently on tasks. This role is really what you make of it – the more you put in, the more you’ll get out of it and learn. The same will go for the team events and meetings you’ll help organise and run.
Hours and environment
You will be expected to work 37.5 hours a week, between the hours of 9am and 5:30pm. As with many jobs, when deadlines are tight you may be expected to roll up your sleeves with the rest of the team and work additional hours at certain times to ensure that targets are met.
Most of the work is desk-based, however, you will be moving around frequently to ensure good conditions of the working environment and will sometimes be required to go to events.
Please note, we have an office dog. Stanley the Cockapoo is extremely friendly and well behaved, but may not be the best colleague for those with allergies to dogs.
Accountabilities and General Duties
- Produce blogs, emails and other marketing material.
- Upkeep of company brand and messaging guideline.
- Develop, enhance and maintain various documentation (e.g marketing process, Intern duties etc) in the process library.
- Help be the face of the company (answering the phone, emails, events etc) and be the first person new customers come into contact with.
- Ensure quality and upkeep of Social and PR presence (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Emails, Blogs etc)
- Event planning and organising team socials.
- Daily team admin e.g prepping for client meetings, making the team a drink in the morning etc.
- Reporting and analysing market trends and discussing/presenting strategy to management team and company.
- Assisting engineers with quality assurance on projects.
- Produce a twice week roundup of Rixxo social activities and other company announcements.
Skills and Personal Qualities
- Be able to deliver work on time and manage own time.
- Have a belief in better, and hold a high value on your audience with an attention to detail.
- Have knowledge of a wide range of marketing techniques, platforms and concepts.
- Be an excellent communicator.
- Be able to respond well to pressure.
- Think creatively in your work, method and attitude.
- Work well in a team and with a wide range of people.
- Be organised and methodical be proactive and able to take the initiative.
- Be able to motivate and inspire a team Be well presented with a professional manner.
- Have a good business awareness and desire to learn more and improve.
Get in touch
If this sounds like the opportunity for you or have any questions, we would love to hear from you. Please send us your CV using the contact form or via firstname.lastname@example.org
And if you have a portfolio, Github, or website to show us, we would be keen to take a look, as it would give us a better idea of what you’re all about.