- Full-time, Monday – Friday
- Park Row, Bristol
- Immediate start
In a team of very busy agency bodies we are all focused on our work and need some help around the office. We’ve got big plans to grow but there is something missing. We know that with the right person supporting our team we can drive even harder creating new things and delivering exceptional experiences for our customers.
We’re looking for an Studio Manager who is organised and driven by a belief in better. Your role will be to look after the Team. This means organising, planning and being our front line. We are looking for someone to open up and make sure the office is ready for the start of the day.
This is a great opening into the agency world. It’s a flexible role for somebody looking for a work life balance.
The ideal person will throw themselves into this role and help us grow the business further. We are documenting our processes, refining them and making them scaleable. You should be the type of person who sees something being done and if you think it can be done better, we’ll follow you.
You will almost certainly become involved in project work as well. We are a close team who share and help each other to make our day to day lives even more enjoyable. If you have a flair for design, photography, writing or maybe a prominent social guru then you will almost certainly be wangling your way onto other tasks from time to time.
You will join a fast growing department of designers, developers and digital marketing specialists. As the Office Manager you will assist those in the office.
We are looking to increase our customer experience when visiting our offices, looking to implement a new kitchen, refreshment plans and create an even nicer workspace to be in.
For the right person we are also happy to train you in new skills. If you join us and show a flair for another role we’ll do what we can to get you there.
Day To Day
We are looking for somebody to answer and route calls, respond and sort incoming emails, make appointments and manage the Directors’ diaries.
There are office duties including washing up, meeting room setup and clear down as well as making sure our plants & team get watered. We’d be looking to you as well to help us “Fika” better. Fika is a Swedish coffee break philosophy where the whole team shares a break and gets to know each other a little better. There is no work talk allowed.
Posting letters, sorting the printers and scanning (very occasional), buying cakes and topping up the refreshments. Keeping on top of the Birthday and Anniversary events calendar, sorting cards, cakes and gifts for staff, key clients and partners.
Weekly, Monthly and less frequent
You will be expected to use Xero accounting software to provide weekly reports highlighting outstanding debt owed to Rixxo, referring to the Credit Controller and Accountant where necessary.
You will assist the Accountant with the running of the monthly payroll. You will arrange payment of invoices/bills.
Ensure staff data held on Charlie HR and Xero is up-to-date and GDPR compliant.
You will also update and create new HR and Account processes as required ensuring that the person to follow as you progress will be able to be as awesome as you.
Training on all of this will be provided and due to our process driven nature much of the procedure is already documented and easy to follow.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Maintaining employee work/training records
- Managing office assistant / intern / work experience students
- Monitoring and reporting outstanding debt
- Resolving outstanding debt by liaising with other members of the team and communicating with debtors
- Assist with the reconciliation of accounts on Xero
- Assist with running monthly payroll
- Making payments through the Rixxo bank account
- Authoring and paying expenses
- Processing invoices and arranging payment
- Updating and monitoring Health & Safety spreadsheet
- Assist with the induction of new starters
- Carry out return to work interviews and exit interviews as instructed
- Ordering stationery/goods as required
- Taking minutes of the monthly team meetings and circulate
- Creating and updating HR and Accounting processes on Confluence
- Liaising with the landlord on building issues
- Ensure kitchen and meeting room are kept in a tidy state
- Ensure tea/coffee and kitchen goods (i.e. washing up liquid) are stocked
- Posting letters and parcels
- Watering plants
- Keeping office clear of rubbish when it builds up faster than the cleaner can handle (we do have a cleaner)
- Helping the team to help themselves with gentle reminders and encouragement
The Long Term Goal
Ensure smooth running of the office using procedures and processes held on Confluence. Make Rixxo the most amazing office to work in ever!
Rixxo creates user-generated content campaigns, websites, eCommerce sites and other interesting and curious apps to entice audiences to interact with brands. We deliver on time and in budget.
We have grown our agency like many from two guys starting in a frontroom to operating at a global level with brands and businesses of all sizes. It’s more about what problems we are solving than who we are solving them for. Yes we have some glamours names but we want to create a workspace for people to thrive, grow and make their own destiny. You may start with us as an Office Manager but who knows where you will end up.
- Great with IT or quick to learn
- Ambitious and people focused
- All about the team
Leading clients to success
Rixxo prides itself on close client relationships developed on trust and a high level of service. As Office Manager you may often be the first line of contact for telephone requests for support. You will be expected to guide the customer through to the support team taking messages where necessary and pass on.
High growth potential
As one of the fastest growing digital agencies in the UK with huge future potential, we expect to see the same ambition and potential in the successful candidate. This will mean the expectation that you contribute to other aspects of the business to help us reach our goal. You will use your technical, creative and organisational skills to contribute to agency marketing initiatives, maintaining excellent company culture and improving the customer experience. There will also be an opportunity to assist with the recruitment, training and management of new personnel as we grow.
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Experience of dealing with confidential and personal data
- People management skills
- Knowledge of GDPR and how it relates to role
- Calm under pressure
What would be nice
- Experience of using accounting/case management software – Xero
- Experience of using Confluence
- Knowledge of risk assessments and health & safety
- Experience of communication with clients and compiling correspondence
- Writing processes experience
Apart from being part of a world-class team and working with some of the best brands you’ll also receive some, all or more than the following benefits. You can read more about our culture on our website, and see more on Instagram.
- Daily Fika (Tea and Cake break with team)
- Conference budgets at opportunities to speak at and attend events.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Personalised avatar and mug (cooler than it sounds)
- Team pension
- No commute into London.
Additional Christmas Paid Holiday
Personal Development Plan and Support
R&D time to work on new self-generated projects
Cycle to Work Scheme
Monthly Social Activities
Personalised Mug (cooler than it sounds)
You can find out more about the Rixxo culture here.
Get In Touch
If this sounds like the opportunity for you or have any questions, we would love to hear from you. Please send us your CV using the contact form or via email@example.com
And if you have a portfolio, Github, or website to show us, we would be keen to take a look, as it would give us a better idea of what you’re all about.