GDPR Countdown to compliance – checklist
At Rixxo, we like to make life easier so have created a brief GDPR countdown to compliance checklist of what we advise you look at and consider!
Here’s what you’ll need to start thinking about:
- Raise awareness within your team of what’s happening as well as to your clients so they know you respect their data and are working on making sure you’re GDPR compliant
- Appoint someone to be in charge of the data (e.g a Data Protection Officer DPO), especially if you’re a public authority or an organisation that carries out regular monitoring of individuals data e.g health records (as it’s a legal requirement)
- Document, audit and track all of your data, where it comes from, how it’s used, who has access to it, what data you need to dispose of and where you’re expecting future data to come from
- Review your current privacy policies and update them where it’s needed (hint, it will be needed)
- Set up a process in place (if you haven’t already) should an individual ask you to action:
- the right to be informed
- the right of access
- the right to rectification
- the right to erasure
- the right to restrict processing
- the right to data portability
- the right to object
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
- Review, refresh and update your current consents to reflect the GDPR changes
- Update your marketing material (offline and online) so it’s clear when a user opts in e.g don’t use auto-completed tick boxes to sign them up to anything
- Ensure users can refuse to consent without detriment, and update and create some new material if this is the case
- Be ready for an audit of what you’ve done to improve, what you’re doing to stay compliant and how your handling data should you get reviewed
- Conduct regular reviews, don’t stay stagnant and fall into old habits
And that’s it folks, your guide to staying GDPR compliant and awesome. As a reminder, we’re not GDPR specialists, we’re just a team of friendly people that want to help you, but if you have any questions or need any help making your audience engaged with you and your brand, get in contact.
Go forth and be GDPR compliant!
With love from the Rixxo team