We run our business on a few key principles
1. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. As far as possible, no action in BuddyCRM should take more than 3 clicks.
2. Users tend to perform the same 5% of features 95% of the time – therefore we make these features as easy to use as possible.
3. Try as hard as possible to not add features unless they really add something – feature creep makes systems bloated and complicated. Our niche is helping sales teams work more efficiently and giving sales managers improved visibility… we stick to that.
4. One system cannot do it all. The likes of Salesforce, Microsoft and SAP try to do everything and end up doing everything averagely. We believe medium sized businesses work best when they have 4-5 pieces of software, each with its own core strength such as sales processing, accounts, email marketing. Our software must easily integrate with all these, out of the box or with little added investment from the customer.
5. Focus on the Service in Software as a Service. Too often CRM and sales software is treated like a commodity. We work closely with our customer to make the software fit their business and see ourselves as a partner as much as a supplier. We don’t use agents or resellers – customers deal with the people making the software. If a customer needs help, we need to be there for them.
6. Allow customers to make specific customisations to match their business if they wish. Make sure our software fits their business rather than forcing their business to fit the software.
7. Make Return on Investment easy to justify. Never look to be the cheapest but look to be the best value.