If you are looking to add simple short and quick messages to product pages then maybe you are looking to add a static block after product titles on product pages in Magento 2. I find this update very useful when dealing with client request to add messages to just a couple of products when there are supply issues or stock shortages.
Magento 2 XML Layout Updates – In brief
A layout update is a small bit of code written in XML format that instructs the Magento CMS to look in a particular section of the page and either pick up or put down another piece of code. In each of the how-to sections below I’ll write out what each of the Magento Layout Updates are doing in a human way so they are more easy to understand.
So let’s get going
For all examples in this guide of XML updates you will need to:
- replace block_namespace_here with a custom name for your block such as custom.product.message. This can be anything really that follow this format but try and keep them the same across your site when they are doing the same thing.
- replace block_identifier_here with the block identifier (the ID of the static block)
Where to add the code
Whether you are doing a Magento XML Layout update on a category, product or CMS page you’ll be looking for a box that looks like this one to make your edits. You can do layout updates on pages, products and categories.
How to add a static block after a product title in Magento 2
- Create the static block you want to add after the title. When asked to give the block an identifier add something unique this will replace block_indentifier_here in the code below.
- Use this code to add the block remembering to change the block identifier and giving the layout update a namespace such as custom.product.title.after
Now you just need to style your contents that you’ve added to your CMS block.
The result of adding a static block after the product title is here on our Lumarix Magento Store
Uses for adding a static block after a product title in Magento 2
- Stock message
- Supply shortage
- Special offer message
- Link to instruction manaual
Would you like to learn more? Would you rather we just did these things for you?
Call us on 0117 2077504 or complete the form below to discuss your project or requirements.